It seems that Obama, with or without a teleprompter, just can’t quite cut it — at least not without the mainstream media (MSM) covering for him. I’ve been trying to follow along and keep the story straight, but that can be difficult. Let me see if I can lay it all out for you.
First, I am still looking for the other 10 states that Obama said we had; “I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it…” while he was wishing he could speak “Austrian” as his “superpower.” I gather he was looking for a “breathalyzer or inhalator” for an asthmatic kid but was having problems finding one. Even so, at least no one “acted stupidly” or got all “wee-weed up,” because Obama assured everyone that there were ‘paralegals available and nearby to provide medical assistance should anyone feel weak or happen to faint.’ Be reassured, however, because Obama assures us that “no lawyer is needed.” Perhaps some of the ‘enemy bitter bigoted bible and gun clingers’ could come to his aid too, just like Obama’s father did when ‘liberating Auschwitz’ in WWII (although his father was only 3 to 6 years old at the time). Wasn’t it nice of the Russian army to allow the child to be there behind Russian lines for that momentous event? At least it wasn’t one of those nasty “Polish Death Camps.” Regardless, it was an auspicious day for sure as Obama assured us: “because, you know, it invokes this notion of Emperor Hirohito coming down and signing a surrender to MacArthur.”
Then recently Obama refused to meet with Israel’s Netanyahu because all that talk about Iran’s nuclear weapons is just “noise” that he won’t let “sidetrack” him — despite Israel being “one of our closest allies in the region.” As he explained to France’s Sarkozy; “you’re fed up with him, but I have to deal with him even more often than you.” Besides, ‘Obama’s schedule is too full.’ Our president is too busy navigating those little “bumps in the road” of our murdered Ambassador and staff in Benghazi — all because of those pesky little ‘video protests’ that just happened to never really occur (so ironically on the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in the USA.) Or perhaps those “corpse-men” had Obama more shaken up than he was willing to show. Adding to the problem, now he’s got all those ‘unnecessary’ President’s Daily (intelligence) Briefs (PDB) to start actually attending now that it seems to be so important to the general public. Maybe next year he’ll give our murdered diplomats a “shout out” as he has so movingly for others before: “On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes, and I see many of them in the audience here today.” Maybe he’ll personally present our fallen with a ‘non-posthumous Medal of Honor’ too. Regardless, as our embassies burned with Al Quaida flags flying above our sovereign soil, Obama upheld his obligations by flying to Las Vegas. It’s a little scary, because while there Obama informed his campaign volunteers that they were under fire just like our troops and murdered diplomats — hopefully none of Obama’s volunteers will actually be murdered like our Libya Ambassador. Even so, Obama inspired all by telling them that our troops and diplomats “know they can do better,” than they currently are, even though ‘victory isn’t our goal in Afghanistan.’
But at least Obama was willing to talk to Canada’s “president.” Perhaps they’ll discuss the “Miami Heats” or the “Nittaly Lions,” or even “Cominsky Field,” Hopefully if Obama gets to throw the opening pitch at one of those locations, he’ll manage to at least get it to the plate this time, even if not actually over it. Or maybe instead of sports they’ll discus those “three proud words: Made In The USA,” because of course Obama has previously stated that “I believe the nation that invented the automobile cannot walk away from it” (although Germany might disagree). Oh, well, regardless of what they discuss, we’re ‘really proud of America for the first time in our adult life times,’ because we have our first “Asian” president who has demonstrated time and again that he knows how to properly prostrate himself to foreign leaders.
And now we’re all fired up, since we’ve seen Obama’s claims from under those proud faux Greek columns come true: “…I am absolutely certain that generations from now we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs for the jobless. This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal…” Hurricane Sandy and our current economic situation have clearly shown us the truth in Obama’s words. Perhaps some of us will be sufficiently “blessed and highly favored” to be able to use the “intercontinental railroad” to go see him in person. If not, we can always watch him on Letterman, or the “Pimp with a Limp,” or The View, or with JayZ and Beyonce (just not with Netanyahu — or any other foreign leaders). Failing that we might be able to get a “talk like a pirate day” photo spread with him. And he’ll fire us up as he has crowds before, rocking our world with the moving words: “What they’ll say is, ‘Well it costs too much money,’ but you know what? It would cost, about… It…it, would cost about the same… as what we would spend. It… Over the course of 10 years, it would cost what it would costs us. All right. Okay. We’re going to do it. It would cost us about the same as it would cost for about… hold on one second. I can’t hear myself. [there wasn't much audience noise, however] But I’m glad you’re fired up, though. I’m glad.”
I’m inspired, aren’t you?
Yes folks, I’m sure Obama doesn’t need that teleprompter – he manages some of these with the teleprompter. Perhaps, however, we had better reconsider the approbations “best orator EVAH” and “most intelligent president EVAH.” We all make mistakes, even the brightest among us, and that is to be expected. Serious trouble ensues, however, when the errors are made by individuals in positions of power, compounded by the application of gross double standards and bias by the mainstream media. This falsely skews the impressions of the general public, with all the subsequent problems that generates. Bush and Quayle were wickedly eviscerated for far fewer and less egregious gaffes, while Obama and Biden seem to consistently get a pass… Worse, this biased treatment extends to major errors of both domestic and foreign policy. When will liberals, democrats, and the MSM ever learn that sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander? That we are far better off as a nation when we treat everyone equally and use the same set of standards across the board?
I hope that the foregoing catalog of errors and slips of the tongue suggest how thin the veneer of education, the paucity of policy experience, and how common the amateur judgment exhibited by President Obama’s Administration. Obama sought the fundamental transformation of the United States – but he failed to clearly specify the nature of “change we can believe in.” I believe this was a calculated political plan, such that each of us would paint our most cherished ideals on the blank slate provided — and be that much more likely to vote Obama. None-the-less, he has since partially implemented his personal goals for our nation; wealth redistribution, ‘leveling the playing field’ by guaranteeing equal outcomes instead of through ensuring competitive equal opportunities, and giving everyone a ‘fair shot’ at a ‘second bill of rights.’ A bill of rights which rather than protecting us from government, instead imposes legal demands for additional government goods and services – regardless of the effects on those who labor to actually produce or supply those items. A prime example is the Orwellian named Affordable Health Care act legislation. Obama has succeeded in obligating the wealth of the nation to lenders, both foreign and domestic, for the next several generations – in the process leveling the playing field for all by reducing the standard of living for large portions of our population.
It now seems apparent that the nation made a huge mistake in 2008 when we chose to redirect ourselves substantially and erroneously toward a new Statism. Hopefully the upcoming elections will allow us to correct this mistake. The damage that has been done will only be corrected by great patience and huge effort.
Obama can’t, but we sure can!
I hope folks realize that Obama has said or done all of the things contained in my little story above — although I played with the story line and timing a little. But then, that’s a little “literary device” using “editorial license” that I learned from Obama’s ‘composite narratives, people, and time lines’ in his “autobiographical” but not quite factual book, “Dreams from My Father.” The publisher’s author biography of that story informed us for 16 years that this book was written by a man “born in Kenya” — right up until a month after Obama began his run for the presidency whereupon he was immediately reborn in the USA. It’s staggering when one realizes that my tale here is just a small selection of a much larger list of Obama’s gaffes, misstatements, and errors — yet how many of these can you honestly say you were already aware of? Ask yourself why the mainstream media covers for some politicians, but viciously eviscerates others for far less extreme, egregious, or frequent misstatements? Ask yourself what impact this has on voter’s satisfaction with a candidate, their understanding of our elected official’s competence, and their propensity to select one candidate over another.
p.s., I admit I included one Michelle Obama quote in my Obama story. Did you catch it? If not, you’ll find it in the footnotes below.
2. Obama refers to speaking Austrian, watch on Mediaite video: “Austrian”. The official language of Austria is German. CIA World Factbook: Austria. There is no language named “Austrian.” Wikipedia: Languages of Austria. Return to Article
3. A DJ asked Obama; if he could have any superpower, what would it be? Obama replied that he would: “love to be able to speak any language,” even though “it might not come in handy to rescue folks from a burning building.” Associated Press: Obama’s dream ‘super power’: Speaking any language. Return to Article
4. The actual Obama quote: “Everybody knows that it makes no sense that you send a kid to the emergency room for a treatable illness like asthma, they end up taking up a hospital bed, it costs, when, if you, they just gave, you gave them treatment early and they got some treatment, and a, a breathalyzer, or inhalator, not a breathalyzer.” Not only incomprehensible, but he should have said an ‘inhaler’ or ‘nebulizer.’ A breathalyzer is used to check one’s blood alcohol level to see if you are drunk. There is no such thing as an inhalator. MSN: Obama’s new health care plan: consult paralegals and youtube: Obama lost without a teleprompter. Return to Article
5. Can you imagine a police officer in Cambridge, Massachusetts arresting a hostile and unruly Harvard University professor late one night — after which the President of the United States, shooting from the hip, hastily and irrationally jumps into the fray offering on national TV; “I don’t have all the facts, but the police acted stupidly.” After several days of hectic damage control meetings and frantic back peddling by his minions our “beloved” President spoke again saying; “I should have chosen my words more carefully.” No, Mr. President, you should have stayed out if it. But I am thrilled you have alienated every policeman and policewoman in America. And to cap off several days of irresponsible remarks our #1 hothead-in-chief offered “it might have been better if cooler heads had prevailed.” This eventually led to the infamous “Beer Summit,” with the two individuals involved; Professor Gates and Sargent Crowley. NYT article: Obama Criticizes Arrest of Harvard Professor. At the beer summit, the supposedly racist policeman was photographed helping the elderly professor negotiate some steps, while Obama marched on a dozen feet ahead, oblivious; American Thinker: Obama’s revealing body language. Return to Article
6. August 20, 2009: President Obama unleashed a new catch phrase in an attack on his critics Thursday at an Organizing for America meeting, Obama quote: “…everybody in Washington get’s all wee-weed up…” Youtube, at 51 seconds: Obama: Everyone Gets ‘Wee Weed Up’ in August. Return to Article
7. Obama said if you faint at his speeches, “Paralegals are available if anyone feels weak” (boy is that one ripe for interpretation issues!!) Of course, one would want a paramedic to provide medical assistance, not a paralegal, which is a lawyer’s assistant. Twitchy: Oops! Obama tells supporters to get medical help from ‘paralegals.’ Return to Article
8. Obama continued by saying that “no lawyer is needed” – perhaps attempting to correct his paralegal gaffe, but he failed to say ‘paramedic,’ and of course, a paralegal isn’t a lawyer. So this sounded like a confirmation of his initial error, and was a gaffe in and of itself. Same citation as #7 above. Return to Article
9. Obama to Latinos: Help me “punish our enemies” at the ballot box. So, roughly half of all American’s are the enemies of the President of the United States??! He is sworn by oath to serve and protect all citizens, not just those who happen to be in his political party. Examiner: Obama to Latinos: Help me “punish our enemies” at the ballot box. Return to Article
10. Obama caught on hot microphone: “So it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.” Youtube: Barack Obama’s small town guns and religion comments. Return to Article
11. Obama claimed his uncle liberated “Auschwitz,” the Nazi concentration camp. The Russians actually liberated Auschwitz, and neither his uncle nor father nor stepfather were Russian. Haaretz: Aide: Obama misspoke when he said uncle liberated Auschwitz. Return to Article
12. Actual quote: “…ah, eh, eh, you know, they, my father served in World War II, uh, and, when he came home…” His father couldn’t have served as he was only 3-9 years old during WWII. Nor could it have been his stepfather who was 4-10 years old. His grandfather, however, was a sergeant in WWII. Youtube: Obama — my father served in World War II. Return to Article
13. None of Obama’s ancestors were involved with liberating Auschwitz, as it was liberated by the Russians. Also see citation #14 below. United States Holocaust Memorial Museum: “Soviet troops entered the Auschwitz camp in Poland on January 27, 1945. This Soviet military footage shows children who were liberated at Auschwitz by the Soviet army. During the camp’s years of operation, many children in Auschwitz were subjected to medical experiments by Nazi physician Josef Mengele…” [particularly experimentation upon twins]: Liberation of Nazi Camps — Historical Film Footage. Return to Article
14. During a ceremony in the White House, President Obama awarded the Medal of Freedom to several recipients including Jan Karski — a resistance fighter in Nazi-occupied Poland during World War II. During the ceremony, Obama angered Polish people around the world when he referred to concentration camps as “Polish death camps” rather than Nazi death camps in Poland. Mediaite Video: Polish Death Camps and Boston.com: White House apologizes for President Obama’s reference to ‘Polish death camp’. Return to Article
15. Hirohito didn’t sign the surrender. On September 2, 1945, General Yoshijiro Umezu and Foreign Minister Mamoru Shigemitsu represented Japan in signing the Instrument of Surrender aboard the Battleship Missouri. Quote at Foxnews: Obama: ‘Victory’ Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan Wikipedia: Surrender of Japan. Return to Article
16. Obama refused a request from Israel’s Prime Minister Netanyahu to meet while Netanyahu was in the USA — even though Netanyahu offered to travel to Washington D.C. to meet at Obama’s convenience. Sept. 11, 2012 Inquisitr: Obama Refuses To Meet With Netanyahu During His UN Visit and Haaretz: White House declines Netanyahu request to meet with Obama. Return to Article
17. Asked whether he feels pressure regarding Iranian nuclear weapons from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, Obama said in the interview: “When it comes to our national security decisions, any pressure that I feel is simply to do what’s right for the American people. And I am going to block out any noise that’s out there.” Fox News: 60 Minutes Interview Causes Headache for White House. Return to Article
18. Israel is typically referred to as America’s closest ally in the region — not just one of several. Same citation as #17 above. These allies are Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Pakistan, Morocco, Iraq, Qutar, and Bahrain. Wikipedia: Foreign_policy_of_the_United_States, Middle_East. Return to Article
19. Caught on hot microphone again, Obama and French President Sarkozy denigrate Israel’s Prime Minister. Sarkozy: “I cannot bear Netanyahu, he’s a liar.” Obama replied: “You’re fed up with him, but I have to deal with him even more often than you.” Youtube video: Obama, Sarkozy’s open mic mishap. Return to Article
20. Obama’s press secretary, pressed for an excuse as to why Obama refused a meeting with Netanyahu, states that “his [Obama's] schedule is too full.” Same citation as # 16 above. Return to Article
21. Asked by a reporter about the recent Middle East uproar (murder of four American’s including our Libyan Ambassador and three staff, destruction of a number of our embassies and facilities, riots, etc.), Obama equates these to “bumps in the road.” Washington Post: Obama’s ‘60 Minutes’ wipeout. Return to Article
22. After the Benghazi attack where our Ambassador and three staff members were murdered, and the compound destroyed, Obama blamed the attacks on upset over a 15 minute long anti-muslim youtube video. He continued this until almost two weeks after the attack, and refuses to call it a terrorist attack — even though internally his administration designated the attack as an Al Qaeda related terrorist attack within 24 hours of the incident. Heritage: An Incriminating Timeline: Obama Administration and Libya (VIDEO) and Washington Post: From video to terrorist attack: a definitive timeline of administration statements on the Libya attack. Return to Article
23. Although Obama and his administration blamed the Benghazi attack on protests of the anti-muslim video supposedly getting out of hand, evidence was found within a day or so that showed there was no protest of any sort outside Benghazi. Fox News, Sept. 12 US officials investigate whether strike on Benghazi post ‘coordinated,’ timed for 9/11 anniversary and ABC News, Oct. 9 Attack on Benghazi Consulate ‘Unprecedented,’ State Department Official Says and Commentary, Oct. 10 State Dept. Meltdown at Benghazi Hearing and Oct. 12th, DailyBeast: Video From Benghazi Consulate Shows Organized Attack. Return to Article
24. While speaking at the National Prayer Breakfast, President Obama mispronounced the word “Corpsman” as “corpse-man.” Repeatedly. As Commander-in-Chief, this is inexcusable. Correct pronunciation is “core-man” (or kawr-muhn). Mediaite Video: Corpse-men. Article at Neoneocon: Obama and the core of “corpsman”. Return to Article
25. The President’s Daily Brief (PDB) is the meeting at which he is briefed on the most critical intelligence threats to the country. During his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his PDB just 43.8 percent of the time. During 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance fell to just over 38 percent. According to former officials who have detailed knowledge of the PDB process, having the daily meeting — and not just reading the briefing book — is enormously important both for the president and those who prepare the brief. By contrast, Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush almost never missed his daily intelligence meeting, and held them 6 days a week without fail, in addition to over 100 ‘deep dive’ extended sessions. Washington Post: Why is Obama skipping more than half of his daily intelligence meetings?
27. Obama gave a “shout out,” to a “Medal of Honor” recipient who never received that honor. The Medal of Honor is the highest award for valor in action against an enemy force which can be bestowed upon an individual serving in the Armed Services of the USA. The individual in question was actually a Medal of Freedom recipient — the highest civilian honor. Obama had been the one to personally award the Medal of Freedom to Dr. Joe Medicine Crow, but apparently confused the two honor’s none-the-less. Newsbusters: Obama Gives Shout Out to ‘Congressional Medal of Honor Winner’ Who Isn’t. Return to Article
28. Obama gave two minutes of exuberant salutations and “shout-outs” to supporters in a buoyant jovial tone. Then he suddenly shifted affect and announced that 42 people had been shot at Ft. Hood by the traitorous Major Hassan; 13 slaughtered, 29 wounded. Youtube: The Obama Shout Out: Two Minutes Before He Mentions Attack on Fort Hood Obama refuses to admit that this was an Islamist extremist terrorist attack by this Soldier of Allah (as he called himself on his business card), even though Hassan was in email contact with a top level terrorist, and shouted “Allahu Akbar!” before beginning to shoot. Washington Post: President Obama delivers remarks on Ft. Hood shooting at end of tribal leaders conference and Wikipedia: Fort Hood shooting. Return to Article
29. Obama quote: “On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes, and I see many of them in the audience here today.” Obama apparently has a sixth sense; he sees dead people in the audience. Youtube: Barack Obama Sees Dead People. Return to Article
30. Obama quote: “…I had the great honor of seeing some of you because a comrade of yours, Jared Monti, was the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously.” Mediaite Video: “posthumously”. Veteran Jared Monti was killed in action in Afghanistan in 2006 and he was awarded the Medal of Honor posthumously. FoxNation: Obama Dishonors Medal of Honor Winners with Horrible Gaffe. Salvatore Giunta was the first living recipient of the Medal who served in Afghanistan. DailyMail: Obama apologises to family of dead Medal of Honor soldier after mistakenly saying he was still alive. Return to Article
31. Las Vegas: Less than three weeks into his presidency Barack Obama warned executives of banks that had received federal bailout money that they better not take business trips to Las Vegas. “”You can’t get corporate jets,” Obama said at a Feb. 9, 2009 townhall meeting in Elkhart, Ind. “You can’t go take a trip to Las Vegas, or go down to the Super Bowl on the taxpayers’ dime.”” Since then, Obama himself has made 9 trips to Vegas — and made a tenth Sept. 12and several more since then. CNSNews: Obama Makes 10th Vegas Trip — Since Warning Bankers: Don’t Go There. Return to Article
32. The day after the 9/11 attacks on our US embassies overseas, where one Ambassador and three others staffers were murdered and while the riots continued, Obama flew to Vegas for a campaign event in Las Vegas. There Obama appeared to compare his campaign volunteers to our troops and diplomats under fire — “who know they can do better than they are.” Quote: “The sacrifices that our troops and our diplomats make are obviously very different from the challenges that we face here domestically, but like them, you guys are Americans who sense that we can do better than we’re doing,” Obama said. Freebeacon: Obama to U.S. Diplomats: Change Is Hard. Return to Article
33. Obama says that “victory” isn’t our “goal.” If we aren’t trying to be victorious, just what is the purpose and mission of our troops in Afghanistan and Iraq, and our bombing of Yemen, Pakistan, Libya, etc.? Are we trying to lose? Or? Just what is the mission? Youtube: “Victory” is not our “Goal” in Afghanistan. Return to Article
35. Obama quote: “…incomplete if I did not congratulate the city of Miami for having the world champion Miami Heats…” The team name is ‘The Miami Heat,’ (singular) and sometimes referred to as just ‘Heat,’ not “Miami Heats” (plural, and missing “The”). International Business Times: President Obama’s ‘Miami Heats’ Gaffe Is Second Sports Flub In Two Days. Return to Article
37. Obama may wish to brush up on the former name of the location where his beloved Sox play — it used to be Comiskey Park, not “Cominskey Field” as he told Bob Costas [link is video of the error, on Breitbart TV]. Malkin: Can you imagine if Sarah Palin said “Cominskey Park” and flubbed softball White Sox question? Return to Article
38. In July 2009, Obama threw the opening pitch at the All Stars game. The ball was short and bounced before the plate. Washington Monthly: Political Animal (includes link to video) Then in 2010, Obama threw an opening pitch that was wild, high, and to the left of the plate: Video Youtube: Obama’s 2010 First Pitch vs. Bush’s 2001 First Pitch. Return to Article
39. Obama video at TheBlaze: Obama Pulls a Biden: ‘Three Proud Words: Made in the USA’. Return to Article
41. This is the one Michelle Obama quote. Did you catch me on that? She is finally proud of America. Twice on the same day, but at different events in different cities, Michelle Obama makes similar statements to this effect. First in Milwaukee, Wisconsin: “for the first time in my adult life, I am proud of my country.” Newsbusters: Will Media Ignore Michelle Obama Remark? Second time in Madison Wisconsin: “for the first time in my adult lifetime, I am really proud of my country” ABC News: Michelle Obama: “For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I’m Really Proud of My Country” See both video’s side by side on Youtube: Michelle Obama “Proud” vs “Really Proud”. Return to Article
43. Presidents of the United States of America never prostrate themselves to foreign leaders. Does Obama not know proper protocol? Do none of his staff? Will he not listen to his civil service protocol officers who do? Does Obama fail to notice that none of the foreign leaders concurrently bow to him, which would at least indicate equality? From Washington Times article [with separate links embedded to photos at other sites of each Obama bow]; Obama bowing to the world: “President Obama has disgraced the United States – again. During this week’s nuclear summit in Washington, he bowed when greeting Chinese President Hu Jintao[Twice]. The act was not only shocking but revealing. Mr. Obama has come under intense criticism for bowing to leaders in the past – the king of Saudi Arabia, the emperor of Japan. But never before has America’s commander in chief prostrated himself to a foreign tyrant on U.S. soil. By bowing, Mr. Obama degraded and cheapened the office of the presidency; as commander in chief, he represents every American when meeting with other heads of state. He is supposed to embody the dignity of the Oval Office, reflecting our collective heritage as a self-governing, constitutional republic. Republics do not recognize the supremacy of imperial overlords. This is the seminal principle of the Revolution of 1776: Americans do not kowtow to kings or dictators – the nation was forged in opposition to feudal subservience…” Examiner: Bows to Tampa Mayor, and Bows to Burger King (ok, of course the last is a photoshopped joke, I couldn’t resist). Return to Article
44. Obama’s 2008 nomination acceptance speech was delivered from an elaborate columned stage resembling a miniature Greek temple. The stage, similar to structures used for rock concerts, has been set up at the 50-yard-line, the midpoint of Invesco Field, the stadium where the Denver Broncos’ National Football League team plays. Some 80,000 supporters saw Obama appear from between plywood columns painted off-white… Reuters: Obama speech stage resembles ancient Greek temple and The Hill: Former Dem Davis: Last convention I was in ‘the wrong place’. Return to Article
45. Based on Obama’s statements, one has to wonder if he believes he is God, or has magical powers, or alien technology? Quote: “…I am absolutely certain that generations from now we will be able to look back and tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs for the jobless. This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal…. ” NY Times, transcript: Barack Obama’s Remarks in St. Paul (Nomination Victory Speech, June 3, 2008). Return to Article
46. Obama agreed to an interview with a DJ “Pimp with a Limp.” Asked “How are you, sir?” Obama replied “Blessed and highly favored.” from Miami Herald: Dolphins-dissing President Obama chats Pitbull, Medicare with ‘Pimp with the Limp’ DJ Laz. Return to Article
47. Obama quote: “We’re the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad,” Of course, it was the transcontinental railroad — the railroad didn’t cross between multiple continents, but went across one continent. Mediaite Video: “Intercontinental Railroad”. Return to Article
48. On Sept. 11, 2012, it was reported that Obama refused to meet with Israel’s Prime Minister even though Netanyahu offered to meet at Obama’s convenience, both in terms of location and time. The excuse was that his schedule was too full. See citations #16, #17, and #21 above. Over the following days, Obama participated in quite a few very trivial activities, such as an appearance on Letterman, and citations #49-#52 below. US News: Entertainer-in-Chief to Visit David Letterman, Again. This was his fifth appearance on Letterman. Return to Article
49. On 11th anniversary of 9/11, an Obama interview by DJ “Pimp with a Limp” was aired. No mention of 9/11, or our fallen was made, but he does manage to rag on the Dolphins sports team. The President of the United States says to the ‘Pimp with a Limp,’ “I’m the one who should be humbled. You’re big time. You’ve got Pitbull and Flo Rida and all these guys just beating a path to your door. And so I’m hoping I can get a little of that magic from you in this interview.” Same citation as #46 above; Dolphins-dissing President Obama chats Pitbull, Medicare with ‘Pimp with the Limp’ DJ Laz Later Obama claims the interview was pre-recorded two days before 9/11 ( It’s difficult to believe that they would not have known that it would air on 9/11 — or even if a few days off that, still inappropriate for the Commander-in-Chief to fail to mention the anniversary). Limp Pimp, however, claims it was aired as a live interview on 9/11. Return to Article
50. Again, this is related to Obama’s refusal to meet with foreign leaders, stating that his schedule was full — but the schedule contained many trivial ‘fluff’ appearances and campaign events. See #48 and #49. Obama appeared on the morning woman’s social talk show “The View,” with Whoopie Goldberg, etc. There he quipped, “I’ve been told I’m just eye candy here.” Mcclatchydc: Obama heads to UN, skipping meetings with foreign leaders . “Obama also faced criticism for not scheduling a single meeting with a foreign leader during his 24-hour trip to the U.N. but finding time Monday afternoon to tape an interview with ABC’s daytime chat show “The View.” He held 13 bilateral meetings with foreign leaders at last year’s United Nations General Assembly.” Return to Article
52. Shortly after the start of Middle East anti-American riots and attacks on our embassies, facilities, and diplomats in multiple nations on Sept. 11, 2012, and after refusing to meet with Israel’s Prime Minister, Obama announced that he wouldn’t be meeting with any world leaders during the United Nations General Assembly. Investors: Obama Skips Diplomacy With World Leaders, Makes Time For ‘The View’ It was reported that: “Instead of taking the annual opportunity to hold bilateral sideline meetings with allies and partners about urgent issues, as all presidents do, an Obama aide told an obviously aghast New York Times reporter: “Look, if he met with one leader, he would have to meet with 10,” and “in this election year, campaigning trumped meetings with world leaders.”” Return to Article
53. Initially seemed related to #48 — #52 above. On Sept. 19th, 2012 a photo spread photo of Obama talking with a Pirate, was tweeted by Obama and appeared on the White House website. WashingtonExaminer: Obama celebrates ‘National Talk Like A Pirate Day’ on Twitter — it turned out this photo was actually taken in 2009, so it wasn’t actually an occurrence in lieu of meeting foreign leaders, although it appeared in that time frame. Return to Article
55. Yes, of course throughout this story I have employed a “literary device” using “editorial license” as I learned from Obama and his ‘composite narratives, people, and timelines’ in his “autobiographical” but not quite factual book, “Dreams from My Father.” The Hill: Obama admits a character in his book was a composite sketch and Reason: Obama’s Failed Narrative and Politico: ‘Dreams From My Father’s’ literary license and TheBlaze: Details in New Biography of Obama Lead to Stunning Conclusion: ‘Deliberate Distortions’ and ‘Mythmaking’. Return to Article
56. Obama’s literary agency for his autobiography “Dreams from My Father” used a biography for Obama for 16 years stating that Obama was “born in Kenya.” The biography was edited multiple times over the years. Typically this publisher has the authors prepare and sequentially edit their biographies themselves, yet Obama’s bio always had this statement until a month after he began his run for the presidency. Then it was changed to say he was born in Hawaii. Breitbart: A ‘Fact Checking Error’ — Again, and Again, and Again… Return to Article